Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Is the Diamond Institute of India a Reputable and Reliable Rater of Diamonds?

I have repeatedly found diamond jewelry online with a DII (Diamond Institute of India) Certification - not an organization I am familar with beyond their own claims on their website.





They seem to be the preferred certification for "just4diamonds".





Any thoughts on DII or just4diamonds?|||I have never heard of DII until today, but I did check online and they seem unreliable. For example, just4diamonds is selling diamond earrings graded FG (color) SI (clarity). A reputable diamond lab would designate what SI clarity, either SI1, SI2 or (in the case of EGL) SI3, which is actually I1 by GIA standards. Also those diamonds should be graded either Colorless (F) or near colorless (G) a diamond cannot be both.





The only reputable gem lab whose opinion I value is GIA ( Gemological Institute of America ) They created the grading system that we use today, and World wide they are considered the best gem lab because of their stringent criteria in grading diamonds. A MINIMUM of 5 Graduate Gemologists grade each diamond or gemstone that comes through their lab.|||I have no experience with the Indian companies but I am sure they are legit. However, I am a fan of the GIA.





You can watch a video here on how the GIA certifies a diamond. Very interesting.





http://www.diamondringforher.com/GIA-Certified-Diamond-Video.html





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment