Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much could I get for a diamond necklace?

I can't pay to go have it appraised so I am looking on here for ideas. It is a 1/2 karat stone set in a 14kt gold necklace. Not sure of the quality of the diamond however I can't see any major flaws in it like cracks or discoloration, I am also not an experienced jeweler.|||Diamonds vary greatly in value depending on their clarity, cut and color.


I would take it to a certified gemologist.|||Diamonds are examined under a jewlers microscope. 14 k gold also examine because it could be plated and a jewlers chemicals can tell. Seee if you can find an asociate who will test forfree. If the


diamond is a ble-white depending on the setting, the weight of the chain, the quality and size of the chain you are looking at from $150 to $2500. But it would have to be highly rated to get that price. Also need to know who made it.|||you could have the necklace weighed and check the cash for gold, than about the 1/2 carat stone, would have the rough value of around $600, while you can also add some cost for the craft work|||$1. Problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment