Friday, September 23, 2011

Does anyone have any input on the purchase of diamond solitaire earrings?

I am planning on buying diamond solitaire earrings for my anniversary today. I'm planning on going to the mall and buying them from Zales for .5 ctw at for $500. I don't really ever buy diamond jewelry and I know I shouldn't have waited until the last minute but I did. Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have reason to believe I am likely to be really unhappy in the future for some reason?|||They're pretty small, dude.





But Zales are reputable, and as long as you're not buying using Paypal, go for it!





For buying online using PP, first to paypalsucks.com, so you won't be the next victim.





Wished someone warned me before!|||Well, if you were getting those for me...I would tell you to get me a gift card instead. I wouldn't need that much spent on 1 pair of ear rings, there is so much stuff I could get for less....


.....but if your girlfriend is into that, and you have the cash, I'm sure she will love it. I cannot tell you however if that's a good price for what your getting tho...good luck|||Do NOT buy from Zales. Their $500 1/2ct tw studs are rated I/J I2/I3. This is VERY low quality - just above rejection/industrial.





I published a Consumer Reports style article comparing the studs sold by the 4 largest diamond sellers online: Blue Nile, James Allen, Abazias, and Mondera. I didn't even bother comparing Zales to them because their stated quality is so much lower than these four to begin with. There is just no value in these studs at all.





You'll see that for a tiny bit more, you can get a MUCH higher quality diamond.





I know these goods quite well, as I used to work for Leo Schachter who is one of the world's largest diamond wholesale companies. Leo Schachter is the creator of the "Leo Diamond." LS is also a main supplier of Zales, and I personally used to select the diamonds from our inventory for their various jewelry programs. I also used to select the diamonds for Blue Nile's jewelry programs, and so I can tell you with a lot of experience behind me that they are NIGHT and DAY in quality terms.|||look here to compare http://www.mdcdiamonds.com/EarringsRe.cf鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment