Friday, September 23, 2011

How to figure out the real value of a diamond?

I have a diamond necklace I inherited that I never wear and I need the money for some bills. I didn't know if there was anyway to find the true value of a diamond by having a professional establish the clarity, depth, table, and all that. I didn't know if jewelry stores would value things for you or if there is anything like that available. Thanks!|||Some jewelers do give free verbal appraisals, but they will not help as much in reselling your jewelry as a written appraisal from a Gemologist/Appraiser.


I would check with your local independent jewelers (chain store jewelers do not usually provide this service) Make sure that the appraiser is a GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Graduate Gemologist and a member of NAJA (National Association of Jewelry Appraisers)


A good written appraisal should specify the color, clarity as well as the weight of the gemstones. Normally costs for such an appraisal would run from $50 to $100.|||It is Very difficult to answer without seeing your diamonds. I need to know the size the color the clarity the model and the make. Many things determines the price of a diamond. When you buy loose diamonds you need to calculate the value with many small parameters. To learn more see my bloge at http://www.verifiedbuy.com/Info-Center.h鈥?/a> and http://www.verifiedbuy.com/Blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment