Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is so wrong about proposing with a ring that isnt a diamond?

is it not what the ring represents?





some of the "fake diamond" rings are beautiful and less expensive.





What is it about people that HAVE to have a diamond?|||there's no problem with that the ring symbolizes love and it doesnt matter what you can afford bc love doesnt have a price .|||um i love care at least that person love me

Report Abuse


|||LOL, I was proposed to over breakfast--no diamond, no ring.





That was 10 years ago...|||IT WILL LOOK FAKE! |||A Girl needs a Diamond Ring OK specially if its an engagement Ring, by proposing with a fake ring you give her the feeling of being cheap and not worthy of a diamond ring. VERY BAD IDEA DUDE|||There's nothing wrong with it, if that's what your bride to be will accept. For me, a diamond was the only way to go, but for other women, they would accept CZ, pearl, birthstone, a stone that means something to each other, ect... Many brides today are chosing to go the untraditional route. Definately get her take on it first, don't just spring a fake ring on her and expect her to just accept it.|||cause it goes against the whole DeBeers marketing campaign which is rather successful.





DeBeers controls a bulk of the world market trade (or used to).





in a paraphrase... if it's not a diamond, it's not love.|||I see nothing wrong with it .. I didn't want a diamond.|||They're shallow and materialistic. That's what's wrong with them. If the person you're asking is more interested in what type of stone is in her ring rather than the initial question, then why are you even intending to marry her? Find someone who won't care if you give them a ring or not, someone who isn't concerned about the "finer" things in life.





Some women don't even want a real diamond in their ring simply for safety reasons and because it is something so small that costs so much they may be worried about ruining it or losing it.|||Nothing is wrong with it you just might want to check with your girl first. Some people really care and others don't.|||Materialism is alive and well in America...You simply must have the biggest, the best, the fastest, the newest...You must be a trend-setter in all regards...





Many people are married with no ring...A diamond ring is traditional, which is funny because most young people would rather die than be traditional in anything, but, when it comes to a diamond, well, tradition suddenly means something.





A person may not be financially able to afford a big diamond at this time...a token ring will work, a nice diamond can come weeks, months or even years down the road...When you are in love and being loved, who cares if there's a 2 pound rock on your finger...





I'm not sure but I think it was General McArthur during the second world war...who gave his wife a bag of peanuts and said, "I wish they were diamonds"....then, many years later he handed her a big diamond necklace and said, "I wish they were peanuts"...|||I agree with the person who said some people are just shallow and materialistic. One of my friends gave his fiancee a sterling silver ring in the shape of a rose, because that is her middle name and the name of her godmother. To her it didn't matter that it wasn't a diamond.


I felt the same way; my husband did give me a diamond, but I've seen many other rings that I 've liked just as well--sapphires, emeralds, aquamarine (my birthstone)... Hey, I was a Little House fan (the books), and I always thought Laura's engagment ring sounded lovely--a garnet with a pearl on either side. But that's beside the point, lol.


As for the CZ's or whatever, I don't think there's anything wrong with that, as long as you're not passing it off to your fiancee as a real diamond.|||If She wouldn't mind (which I wouldn't) then do it...|||go for it.|||I see nothing wrong with it, I hate diamonds due to DeBeers and their marketing schemes, their monopoly of the diamond market, and the whole Blood Diamonds issue. There are a lot of women who only want diamonds, and the bigger the better for them, but I disagree-my stance is that if you are truly in love, anything will work. I know that when and if I do ever get engaged, I want either a blue topaz or a citrine because they both look good on me, they aren't a diamond, and I don't want whoever proposes to me to spend two month's salary on a ring when a good enough ring can be bought for less and the money could go towards the wedding.





Heck, I got myself a blue topaz ring a few weeks ago that would be the ideal engagement ring for me.|||Sorry, it has to be a real diamond. Or you could have another gemstone instead and have it replaced with a diamond later on down the road when you have more money.|||If you don't give her a Diamond you will look cheap!!!So go buy her a diamond... THE BIGGER THE BETTER!!!LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment