Friday, September 23, 2011

What does the set of numbers inside my diamond ring mean?

I recently purchased a diamond engagement ring from an antique dealer. There is an eight digit number along side the carat weight of the diamond preceded with a diamond emblem. Does that number mean it is a certified diamond? If so, where can I find the info for this ring?|||It could be a lab grade report number (cert number)...however I find it odd that they would inscribe it into the shank of the ring...An 8 digit number would most likely be a GIA number (Gemological Institute of America). You could contact them, give them the number, and see if they have a lab report tied to the number...I don't believe that recycle numbers, so if your diamond went through GIA, they should have a record of it.





Good Luck!





Tim


Emma Parker %26amp; Co.


www.emmaparkerdiamonds.com|||yep its a certified ring. i have the same thing inside my gold ring. xcept there like 3 digits.

No comments:

Post a Comment