Friday, September 23, 2011

How big of a diamond can I get for $5k, I dont want to see any flaws with naked eye?

I am buying an engagement ring, I already have the setting picked out. I need to choose the diamond and definitley prefer quality over the size. But I am wondering what size diamond I can get for around $5,000 without any noticeable flaws with the naked eye|||Try an online site like bluenile.





SI2 clarity means flaws can be seen with 10x loupe. You also want to consider cut and color.





http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details鈥?/a>





It's a 1.21 carat diamond, but has a strong fluorescence which you want to avoid.





For $3500 - $5000, you can get 1 carat and reasonable quality.|||It depends on where you shop. Go to several jewelers and ask to see their selection of high quality stones. They should be quite happy to teach you about the 3Cs of diamonds, and show you what they have. The more perfect the stone, the more it will cost for smaller stones. If you are getting something really precious, you may want to have them make a duplicate of it in the same quality of gold with a CZ for daily wear, and keep the genuine stone in safe keeping for holiday and special event use only.

No comments:

Post a Comment