Friday, September 23, 2011

Is it common to set a diamond in an engagement right that sits above the halo?

I have a family diamond that is 1.24 ct. The engagement ring has a setting that is made for a 1 ct diamond. I spoke with the jeweler and they said that the diamond will sit a little above the halo. Is this common?|||Quite common. I think most stones in halos are set above the halo rather than flush with it. You just don't often realize it since you can't really tell from the top view.|||Thanks for your help!!

Report Abuse


|||Does it matter to you? That is the important question. Rings come in many styles. But make sure the jeweler is happy doing it - you do want the jewel set firmly.|||I don't know if that's common but I have seen rings like that, so it's not outside the realm of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment