Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the best way to cut a 90 degree angle diamond shape out of ceramic tile?

To give you a better idea of the shape I am looking for, look at a Lone Star Quilt pattern. I want to cut the diamond shapes used for the star, only out of ceramic tile. I know it is supposed to be a 90 degree angle cut, but dont know exactly how to do it on a wet saw with the tile pieces. I need to cut hundreds of the diamonds, and for them to be approximately 1.5 inches long.





Any ideas to help me out?!|||Chopsaw with a Diamond blade, cermaic blade. A chopsaw is what I used as a plumber, just a big Circular Saw that you start, then press down to cut stuff. The stuff being cut stays stable and in position and the cut is clean and fast. With a simple made wood jig you could ace those in good tme.|||turn the tile 45 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment